Killyclogher Vs Dromore – 2012 Tyrone GAA Senior Championship, Semi Final

Friday night’s second game saw the pairing of Dromore and Killyclogher in the 2012 Tyrone Senior Championship semi-final. Not many people, including myself, gave Killyclogher much of a chance against current O’Neill cup holders Dromore and many thought that they would have a comfortable cruise into the final.

However, the defensive style in which Killyclogher played the game frustrated them and they found it very difficult to work around this style, much to Killyclogher’s advantage. Killyclogher meanwhile created fewer chances but did score any that came from their way. HT score; Killyclogher 0-03 Dromore 0-03.

The second half continued in a similar vain to the first. There were very few scores but some very hard tackles that resulted in quite a few yellow cards to players of both sides. Dromore looked to have it won 5 minutes from the end but Simon O’Neill equalised for Killyclogher. As the game neared the end, the excitement and tension in Healy Park built. Referee Jerome Mc Elroy awarded two late free kicks to Dromore but they missed both chances resulting in a final whistle stalemate.

Killyclogher will be pleased with how they contained some of Dromore’s key players and how they kept the scores down on the board but need to work on scoring more themselves for the replay if they wish to progress to a county senior final on 7th October.

Full time score; Killyclogher 0-05 Dromore 0-05.

Killyclogher’s Carl Donnelly and Dromore’s Ryan Mc Menamin shake hands before the throw in with referee Jerome Mc Elroy.


Dromore’s Conor O’Hara drives out from the Killyclogher tackles.


Sean O’Neill releases the ball in time for Dromore.



Danny Gorman holds onto the ball for Killyclogher.


Dermot Carlin goes on a solo run up the field for Killyclogher.


Eoin Bradley keeps his cool in the Killyclogher defence.


Colm Mc Cullagh fends off Dermot Carlin.


Niall Sludden releases the ball ahead of Tiarnan Mc Cann.


Niall Mc Fadden pass is blocked down by Dromore.


Hugh Mc Nulty bursts forward for Dromore.




Fabian O’Neill holds onto the ball despite the tackle from Killyclogher’s Dermot Carlin.




Eoin Mc Cusker attacks for Dromore.




Colm Mc Cullagh looks for another point for Dromore.


Killyclogher goalkeeper Mark O’Kane collects the ball in the chest.




Ryan Mc Menamin attacks towards the end of the game.


Midfield action from Healy Park, Omagh.


Paddy Montague in action for Dromore GFC.


Niall Bradley and Eoin Mc Cusker race for the ball.


Tense times towards the final whistle for the Killyclogher management.


Dromore manager Paul Mc Ivor and team mentors.


Emmett O’Neill keeps the ball for Dromore.


Ryan Mc Aleer holds onto the ball despite the challenge from Sean O’Neill in this super close up photo!




Washing the mouth out at the final whistle.


There was considerable disappointment in the Dromore camp at the final whistle.



This entry was posted in Club Football, Dromore, Killyclogher. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>