Cookstown Vs Eskra – 2012 Tyrone GAA Intermediate Championship Final Replay

Cookstown Fr Rocks overturned a disappointing performance last Sunday in the Tyrone Intermediate Championship final to defeat Eskra in the replay on Friday night in Healy Park, Omagh and lift the Paddy Cullen Cup.

In cold and crisp conditions, Cookstown started very strongly and looked like a side determined not to repeat their under-par performance last Sunday and within 70 seconds, Cookstown had scored a goal from the fist of full forward John Gilmore. By the sixth minute of the game, Cookstown had already equalled their 5 points they scored last weekend after 60 minutes of football. Gilmore, Conor O’Hare and Owen Mulligan added further points whilst Eskra were still trying to get a foot in the game. Adrian Scullion soon lead the Eskra attacks from deep in their defence and combined with Mattie Turbitt, Eskra managed to get a few points before the break from Peter Hughes and Cormac Arkinson. Half time score; Cookstown  1-07 Eskra 0-04.

In the second half, Cookstown were dealt with the blow with a red card to midfielder Barry Mulligan who was having an excellent game but was adjudged to have struck out at an Eskra player. A brief revival from the Emmetts ensued but unfortunately for them their shooting in front of the posts let them down and their work rate in the field didn’t convert to scores on the board. Further Cookstown scores from Conor Mullan and Marty Hughes sealed a comfortable 8 point win for John Mc Keever’s side and they lifted the Paddy Cullen Cup once again.

Full time score; Cookstown Fr Rocks 1-12 Eskra 0-07.

Cookstown Fr Rocks are the 2012 Tyrone Intermediate champions.




Conor Mullan knocks over a point for Cookstown Fr Rocks.




John Gilmore blasts the ball over the bar.




James Mc Gahan and Niall Mc Ginn in action in the first half.


Eskra’s Niall Mc Ginn collects the ball ahead of James Mc Gahan.


John Gilmore closes in on the Eskra nets.


Owen Mulligan celebrates his point from distance.


Adrian Scullion and Owen Mulligan get involved in some holding as a high ball drops into the Eskra defence.


Shea Mc Garrity fends off the tackle from Eoin Mc Caffrey.


Eskra’s Niall Mc Ginn loses his footing.


Marty Murray creates another Cookstown attack during the first half.




Marty Murray gets ahead of Eskra’s Shane Hackett.


Paul Meegan gets a shot in for Eskra.


Barry Mulligan collects a high aerial ball in midfield for Cookstown.


Jason Quinn drops back into the Cookstown defence.


Joe Mc Carroll finds enough space for a shot in front of the Cookstown posts.


Photo caption competition time!!


Stephen Beattie is held back by Barry Hughes and Brian Mulligan.


Delight at the final whistle for Cookstown manager John Mc Keever.










On the rip again….


Owen Mulligan lifts the Paddy Cullen Cup for Cookstown.


Cookstown Fr Rocks are the 2012 Tyrone Intermediate champions.






Cookstown GFC chairman Adrian Gilmore pictured with some of the Fr Rocks players.




Adrian Gilmore joined with former Cookstown Fr Rocks player Francis Rush.


Paul Mc Gurk, Conor Mullan and friends.








Thumbs up from Martin Murray!


John Mc Keever and his wife Sinead hold the Paddy Cullen Cup.





This entry was posted in Club Football, Cookstown, Eskra. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Comment

  1. Posted 27/08/2014 at 10:52 pm by COLM MC CAFFREY | Permalink

    Quite brilliant collection of action shots–the quality is superb .Congrats Damian

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>